Skip to main content

Mourinho Could Manage Into His 70s: Originally Reported by Bleacher Report

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho says that he is not fully satisfied yet with his medals haul and hopes to remain in football for many more years.

Mourinho explained that despite winning league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, and two Champions League trophies with different clubs, his coaching career was still in its early phases.

"What I did was amazing, but at the same time I look forward and I feel myself better than ever, stronger than ever," Mourinho told Sky Sports. "I am still at the beginning of my professional life."


The former Porto, Chelsea and Internazionale coach, who will turn 50 next January, said that he could see himself emulating current Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson and remaining in football into his 70s.

"I understand perfectly why Sir Alex is still in the job and I think I will be the same," Mourinho said. "I love football so much, I love coaching so much. I am really very, very young. Even when I become 50, I have a lot in front of me."

The 'Only One' said that such a landmark could affect other people, but he will keep looking forward to life's next challenges.

"Fifty is a number with a certain impact," he said. "It is a number I believe sometimes has a psychologically negative impact on many people because they realise the world moves very, very fast and our lives are very, very short. It is a number that makes me think and look back, but also look forward too."

Source: Bleaccher Report

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Britney Spears' Busy Vegas Weekend With New Beau. Via abc News

Britney Spears keeps it busy in Sin City. The "Scream & Shout" singer spent last weekend in Las Vegas but she wouldn't have come at all if her much-discussed Vegas residency was not a "done deal," the Las Vegas Sun reported. With new boyfriend David Lucado in tow, Spears flew to Vegas Friday and checked into Caesars Palace, the Sun reported. She attended a charity Cirque du Soleil performance, sneaking in just as the curtain went up and leaving just before the show ended. Spearstweeted a photo of herself, Lucado and her manager, Larry Rudolph, smiling in their seats together. Spears' management and production team met with executives at Caesars Entertainment Saturday, which owns Planet Hollywood, and then checked out the PH Live theater, where Brit will have her residency. Spears, Lucado and her entourage then lunched at the Meatball Spot restaurant, owned by Top Chef Seattle contestant Carla Pellegrino. The couple chowed down on meatball s...

Read What Shakira Says. Via Yahoo!

Looking at  Shakira  and her fabulous figure you might be surprised to learn it was only three months ago that she gave birth to son Milan. But the “Hips Don’t Lie” singer reveals that dropping the pounds was no cake walk. While promoting “The Voice” in Pasadena, California, on Monday, the blond bombshell revealed, "[Losing baby weight] is the only thing that’s been a little stressful … I knew I had to come back here to do ‘The Voice’ two months after I had delivered a baby. I didn’t have my four months of maternity like every woman on Earth has. I’m not trying to complain, but it’s been a process full of challenges.” Photo source: omg INSIDER & Yahoo The 36-year-old mama added that the pressure to shed the baby weight at record speed is something that she feels the previous generations didn't face. She said, “I think that our mothers and grandmothers weren’t under the pressure women of today are after delivering a baby. My dad says there’s nothing better than meat...

"Respect Robin Van Persie." Says Arsene Wenger

Via HITC Sport Arsene Wenger has called on Arsenal fans to respect Robin van Persie tomorrow when they take on Manchester United. When Arsenal take on Manchester United tomorrow there will inevitably be huge focus on former Gunners captain Robin van Persie. The striker spent almost a decade at Arsenal before leaving this summer, after a drawn out saga over his future which took until August to resolve. Arsenal fans are left feeling hugely embittered towards their former hero, and the thought of seeing him in a United shirt will stir emotions of anger and sickness. Manager Arsene Wenger has urged supporters to respect the striker, who has scored 11 times in 15 games for his new side. He said: "I hope a respectful [reception] because he played for us for eight years, he's done well, very well for us, and you want him to be respected." That may be true, he did do well for Arsenal, very well in fact last season, but that only ma...